- You like the existing door style but tired of the color
- The existing finish is failing, compromising the integrity
of the cabinet structure
- You want a new cabinet color to compliment your new
counter, backsplash, etc
- If you wish to lighten up a dark kitchen
- You are environmentally conscientious and want to
and refinished in our shop. This usually takes 3-4
- After the doors are ready to be installed, we will schedule
a date to refinish the cabinets on location, using the same
procedures as we used for the doors. Refinishing the
cabinets on location takes one full day.
and degreasing followed by both machine and hand
- Depending on the wood species the cabinets are made of,
layers of bonding primers will be applied.
- After the primer coats have been sanded to the required
smoothness, 2 coats of catalyzed lacquer top coats will be
sprayed in the requested color.
before a new stain can be applied. Stripping doors and
drawer fronts is so time consuming that it is usually less
expensive to replace the doors with new, wooden doors
and stain those instead of stripping the existing ones.
The cabinet face frames can be stripped relatively easily.